davi abdallah author full story

 Hi there! My name is Davi Abdallah. I’m currently the Big Data Architect and Tech Lead at InnoTapps. Before this, I was working as a Data Lake House (bought by IBM) Architect, and I have designed, built, and implemented distributed data processing pipelines in many leading companies around the world (such as Amazon, GE, ENI, Shell, Microsoft and HSBC).

 Since 1995 I have architected Data Lake infrastructures, Big Data platforms, Distributed and Hadoop High Performance clusters, NoSQL datastores, the Microsoft Azure Cloud, and taught thousands of professionals how to leverage big data technologies through my huge YouTube Channel and Udemy Courses…

Before I introduce my topic, I want to give you a more personal introduction. My name is Davi. In most cases, when we tell someone our name, they don't ask us if there's an h in it 'cause they already know our names.

I'm a technologist who is currently working in Boston, MA. I have 10 years of experience building enterprise solutions. I have architected, built and delivered solutions across multiple industries including pharmaceuticals, financial services, energy and consumer goods verticals.

I've been blogging on this blog since 2012. I started as an early adopter of Twitter, and as a Blogger.com blogger before it was bought by Google in February 2003. I also enjoy speaking at conferences and user groups. I've also been on the forefront of sharing my experience with both Microsoft's and the Open Source communities.

Our world has changed exponentially over the last 15 years. We have seen the rise of social media, mobile devices, and cloud computing. Our lives are increasingly being driven by technology. There is a massive wave of opportunities for people who fully understand this wave and how to shape it to their advantage.

I am an Engineer with over 15 years of experience working in Businesses and IT Roles. I am currently leading the Data Lake Architecture initiative at Nutanix Support. This initiative covers the Data Lake, Big Data and Data Processing workstreams leveraging multiple technologies such as: Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, HBase, Redis, Postgres, Neo4j and Splunk; to name a few.

I am an information technology practitioner, using my experience and my passion for technology to help organizations reach their business objectives. I am a Microsoft Data Platform Technical Lead with a inclination towards Big Data and Machine Learning. My interests are in Data Architecture, Data Discovery and Analysis, Cloud Technologies and Mobile. I have industry work experience coupled with extensive academic activities in the academics. I hold an MS in Information Technology from USTAD which focuses on data science and software development.

I’ve been involved in Enterprise Technology for the past 20+ years, always building high performance systems and innovative solutions. I’m founder of 3 start-ups: FitScore, Waterfox and SnapSense which got acquired by Insight Engines in 2014.

I’ll be honest, I started my career as a Software Engineer in 2014. Yes, I know it was 2014! I’ve worked for some of the most important companies in the world. And no, I am not joking (well, maybe I am just a little). Let me be clear: I’m so glad that today’s folks are growing up with computers and spending a lot more time using them than my generation did. It is still true now — and will always be true — that no one knows everything.

I’m a Tech Lead, Big Data Architect, Data Lake House Architect, and Distributed Data Processing Engineer with some experience in design and implementation of large-scale data processing pipelines.

I am a tech lead, Big Data architect, Data Lake architect, Distributed Data Processing engineer with tons of experience and born in Brazil, living in Canada. First time working in Canada, I'm Portuguese with deep knowledge of several languages. I have worked as an analyst and manager improving critical and complex data architecture at billion+ dollars companies like Wal-Mart.

A passionate technologist and builder, with extensive knowledge and experience in modern application development using Java, Scala, Go, Rust and other technologies. With a broad skill set ranging from low-level programming to system architecture to machine learning algorithms development.

I write about how to become a better developer by writing better code, lots of code. My bio is simple and select, I work as a technology consultant and I love it.

I am the author of a blog on technology and technical culture. I blog about work, life, and everything in between.

Comments

how I can help you?

Contact Form

Send